It’s so tough to stay positive in the 1st trimester. The internet sucks you into its negative forums and shocking rare cases so that you go to sleep diagnosing yourself with 5 illnesses and a risk of miscarriage.
In Italian, people describe pregnancy as the “sweet wait.” I hope they are not referring to the first trimester because that description is way off! It goes by painfully slow because we are so impatient to have good news about the baby. We just want to be in the clear and that means getting to the 2nd trimester.
For those of you that are struggling (like I did) during the “never-ending wait”, here are some tips for staying positive:
- Stay away from the miscarriage forums
- Do breathing exercises/meditate
Here are is a list of guided pregnancy meditations you might like:
Prenatal Meditation for a Healthy Pregnancy
Guided meditation for the first month of pregnancy
- As soon as you feel worried, force yourself to smile and think of something positive (baby names, a funny story, an ultrasound pic, how you found out you were pregnant…)
- Repeat positive affirmations in the car, when you go to sleep and when you wake up
- Watch funny movies and read funny pins
- Look at beautiful things
- Listen to calming music
- Talk to your baby
- Ask yourself, “what can I do about the problem I am facing”? If the situation is out of your hands, give up worrying. FYI – the majority of miscarriages are out of your hands so stop worrying.
Resources – Babycentre.co.uk – Understanding early pregnancy miscarriages
– Medicaldaily.com – First Trimester Miscarriage
- Remember that stress is detrimental to your health. Be positive and happy for a healthier and happier baby.
- Be thankful
- Relax and take care of yourself
Let me know what worked best for you! Smile!