The last few months of my maternity leave were a dream. Sure, my baby wasn’t sleeping through the night because of sleep regression but I had a full day to myself, my baby and the house. Doing chores, running errands, taking care of my baby, taking care of myself and this blog was doable.
Now it’s over and I’m back at work. Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you view it), I am only working the afternoons but I am also teaching back to back classes of aerobics and dance twice a week. So, my mornings are a mad rush to schedule social media posts, organize and write posts, do the laundry, iron, prepare baby meals, take care of baby, give him his bath, choreograph, search for music, create playlists, cook lunch, prep dinner, participate in linky parties, comment on blogs, eat breakfast and shower.
It’s a little more hectic now, so the need for fast and simple recipes is on the top of my list! I whipped this up pretty fast and ate it even faster as I was running late for work.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED (for two people)
- 1.5 Chicken breast chopped into pieces
- Heaping spoonful of Red Curry paste
- 1/4 large onion chopped
- 1/2 large Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper chopped
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- Coconut powder or cream (200ml)
- salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS for RED CURRY COCONUT CHICKEN
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and add the spoonful of red curry paste (spicy). Mix it up so that all the pieces are coated with the paste. Set aside.
- Sautée the onions.
- When the onions are translucent, add the red curry chicken.
- When the chicken is halfway done, add the zucchini and red pepper and sautée. I like my veggies with a little crunch, so I don’t let them cook for too long.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Mix the coconut powder with 200ml of water or add 200ml of coconut cream and add it to the chicken and vegetables
- Stir and add salt to taste.
- The coconut cream should already be thick, but if it isn’t, cook it a bit more to make it dense.
- Serve on a bed of Jasmine rice.